Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Unveiled

Another heat wave! Tomorrow is supposed to get above freezing; the first time since Christmas! I took off my balaclava today and enjoyed breathing in the fresh air. My nostrils didn't freeze shut ... my lungs didn't hurt sucking in air ... my eyelashes didn't ice over ... there were people out barbecuing! (I'm not lying. People do weird things when they are convinced it remotely feels like spring.)

The Greenway was slushy in spots, slick in other spots, and very clear in the rest of the spots. It made for a challenging workout, but not a nerve-racking run today. I can't wait until all the ice is gone! So soon! The worst of winter is almost over and the start of marathon training is almost here.

3.54mi splits: 8:22, 8:17, 8:45, 4:49
Air temp: 25F

No comments:

Post a Comment