Friday, January 22, 2010

Where Am I ... Los Angeles?

All of California has been getting pounded by torrential rain storms (mud slides! tornado watches!), and I can't help but laugh at how they act as though the world is ending.

My favorite blogger has posted pictures on her blog about how the rain is putting a halt to her Long Beach runs. And while I understand that Los Angeles is going through a little more than "just rain" right now, it still makes me chortle at how they are unable to drive -- or perform any daily functions -- when the sun isn't shining.

I don't mean to poke too much fun as I love California and consider it my second home, but my first home is in a part of the country that's super hearty and is used to dealing with unusual weather every few minutes. :P

The wacky weather in California is altering its course through the jetstream, and we've had some pretty mild weather this week. It's mostly been above freezing, and we saw a little bit of rain yesterday. The sun is being blocked out by thick clouds, but it's acting as a nice insulator in getting rid of some of this snow and slush.

Unfortunately, that also means lots and lots of puddles along the Greenway. (Have you stepped in these cold-water puddles? Having water close to freezing squishing in your shoes is not fun.)

It's beginning to look a lot like L.A.!

Here's one way to avoid the puddles -- run on the frozen lake! Despite my massive fear of falling through the ice, this could be something fun to try this weekend...

I just love animals and was excited to see this cute little squirrel being all cute, little, and squirrel-y.

The last of the California Typhoon is this weekend, and we are expecting the repercussions of their storm to affect us here this weekend. It looks like we have a few days of freezing drizzle in the forecast, which of course will turn to glare ice when the temperatures drop overnight. It's looking like I could be having a few slick runs this weekend!

4.77mi splits: 8:35, 8:24, 8:27, 8:28, 6:47
Air Temp: 32F

No comments:

Post a Comment