Right next to my bed?
Ahhh, the night boot of shame.
Some of you are probably thinking I keep random crap in all the hidden corners of my life, but I am sure some of you have to get what's going on here.
For basically as long as I've been seriously running, I've developed some un-diagnosed form of plantar fasciitis. I'm not here to get sympathy or offer any advice on how to get rid of it, because I'm lucky in that by keeping these things near my smelly kicks, I'm able to keep most of my pain at bay. I've known people who've needed cortisone shots, of people who've had surgery, of people who've gone through some painful therapies just to treat PF, and I'm pretty happy mine's never advanced to that point.
But, I also do a lot of work to keep it manageable. My plantar fasciitis is decidedly more pronounced in my right heel. My left heel feels similar on occasion, but really only after long runs. And I obviously do whatever I can to keep it from getting any worse, including rolling my feet on almost any round, hard surface I can find.
For what has seemed like years, the moment I stop rolling my feet out, the day I take out my shoe inserts, the night I stop wearing that silly boot, I could feel it coming back. The first step I took every morning was the worst, and I spent a good portion of the morning hobbling around. Not fun.
So when a very kind and generous contact from ProFoot contacted me about trying their 2 oz. Miracle Custom Molding Insoles, I seriously jumped alllllll over that email. I am all for trying easy, everyday things to keep my heel pain away.
- These nifty little ProFoot Miracle inserts don't smell. (Not any worse than your shoe, anyway.) Awesome.
- They don't fall apart, rub away, peel off, and they are so easy to switch from one pair of shoes to the next. They have an adhesive option to keep them in a single pair, but I find they stay put in whatever shoe I chose to put them in. I also wear a lot of different shoes and like to keep my insert options open. Score.
- And here is where you aren't going to believe me, but I started using a very specific ProFoot Plantar Fasciitis insert this Ogden training cycle, and I have had NO HEEL PAIN. (Wait, did I mention Ogden?) I'm not even kidding and no one is paying me to say that. In my eyes, this product has worked wonders. Really, it's probably because it negates the heel/toe drop in my Newtons, but I'd rather think it's a miracle.
My contact at ProFoot is letting me giveaway 4 -- COUNT THEM, 4!!! -- goodie bags to four lucky readers. FOUR!!! Each winner will receive two (2) pairs of Miracle Insole inserts as well as a package of Moleskin second skins. Sweet!
Ok, so there's no catch! To enter this giveaway, just one thing is asked:
1. Please go "like" their Facebook page, and let them know Diary of an Average Runner sent you! Then, leave me a comment here telling me you did that.
Want some additional easy entries?
2. Tweet about my giveaway -- feel free to wax some creativity; just be sure to tag me (@DiaryAvgRunner) so I can count your entry.
3. Leave me a comment here telling me WHY you want to try ProFoot shoe inserts. Do you suffer from plantar fasciitis or other foot/heel ailments? How do you treat your injuries or keep them away?
I will randomly pick FOUR winners next Friday, April 20th.