Friday, April 8, 2016

Marathon #24: Antarctica Marathon

My plan to write about my training for the Antarctica Marathon failed miserably. 

Not only did I spend any & all free time I had working extra jobs to fund my trip, I wasn't even sure the training I did would be adequate for Antarctica's climate and terrain. I stayed entirely in California, in pretty unseasonably warm San Francisco weather, and I ran a marathon as a training run -- and that was one of the limited long runs I did. 

Whoops.

But! My training was adequate, my gear was perfection, and I have so much I want to say about preparing for the race AND about the trip to Antarctica. (And then I have even more to say about Patagonia, because I decided if I'm going to the bottom of the world, I might as well see three more countries while I'm down there. Normal, right? Totally.)

Please humor me & my very first attempt at making a highlight reel with some poorly shot video and some better-shot photos. Accept this for now, and stay tuned for more. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow some of those pictures are absolutely stunning! What an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete