Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Runday

I just love running with my friends.

This morning, all thanks to Layla & Karin's planning, a few of the Bay Area bloggers headed up to Tiburon to run anywhere from 6 to 16 miles. A change of scenery is always nice, but running with friends is definitely the highlight of these weekend runs.

I decided to keep the pace super casual since I've been feeling some peculiar cardiovascular exhaustion lately (let's hope that's what it is, anyway), and so I ran the first 3 miles with Naomi, RoadBunner, and my Hood to Coast teammate, XLMIC.

Sweet waterfront views

A fake horse out in the field...?
XLMIC and I decided to finish up with about 6 miles for the day, so we ran our remaining 3 miles back with Layla, Courtney, and Karin, who had already run a bunch of miles before we even got there.

They built this lookout point to the Golden Gate Bridge around a rock...?

And not just anyone gets to use that rock-centered lookout point.

Weeee! Proof it happened!
Me, Karin, Courtney, Layla, & XLMIC

This is how hard it is for women to take a group photo. Good lord.


ALL RIGHT! We are finally all present & looking! (And now the quality is miserable.)

Back: Courtney, Karin, Layla, Alisyn, Naomi, & RoadBunner
Front: me, XLMIC, & Katie

Such a fun morning, ladies! I'm really glad we we are all able to catch up & can't wait to do this again soon.


7 comments:

  1. What the devil are you talking? Not only are you a super runner, but a supper blogger to boot! I am calling bullshit on your ass! :P As always fabulous to hang out with you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.
    A post.
    A fast post posted within hours of the event taking place.
    And you didn't even mention those-which-shall-not-be-named ;-)

    It was so much more fun than I could have imagined…and I have an amazing imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you I now have a Gu addiction. Just when I thought I couldn't eat another gel, I saw the new Cherry Lime Roctane flavor. It's like cherry Coke. I might have to buy a whole box the next time payday rolls around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful place to run! And yay to having so many friends to run with! So much better than the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your running friends love you too! We must do it again soon - real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, loves those group photo shots! Wish I could have made the run but looks like you girls had a blast.

    ReplyDelete