Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Brrrrr

My weatherman is telling me that New Year's Day will be a balmy 8 degrees. Of course he's talking about air temperature, not windchill, and oh yeah ... that's the day's high temp, too.

It is supposed to be 0 degrees when we head out for the 5k Friday morning, but the windchill will curse us with a below-0 reading.

Late December/early January is notorious for having awful windchills, and after checking out this afternoon's temperatures, I realized it must have already begun. I headed out on the Greenway to prep myself.


And holy eff, was it cold. It took a good 7 minutes before my hands warmed up. Note to self: must find better handwear during my next couple of days off!

No such luck on the ice going anywhere either -- it'll be below freezing all week. Friday morning is going to be a tricky race.

3.54mi splits: 8:23, 8:15, 8:11, 4:41
Windchill: 2F (Actual: 13F)

No comments:

Post a Comment