Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Heat Wave!

After brutally cold temperatures all weekend (really, -15 air temp?), I have kept many of my workouts indoors lately. I can't stand treadmills, but I managed to sluff out a 30-minute stationary run the other day. That's a big accomplishment for me!

And today, when the temperate rose to a balmy 15 degrees, my coworker stopped by my office exclaiming, "You should go run outside while it's hot out!"

Amazingly, 15 degrees doesn't feel that bad when it's 30 degrees warmer than what you're used to feeling.

I cannot believe I just said that.

As another arctic cold air storm blows through 36 U.S. states in the coming days, I'll be keeping indoors again. Luckily, my marathon training will be starting at the beginning of February -- so I feel like I can take it easy for a little while. I don't want to burn out halfway through training, right? 30-minute cardio workouts it is.

2.36mi Splits: 8:35, 8:39, 3:07
Windchill & Air temp: 13F, still mega icy

No comments:

Post a Comment