Saturday, January 23, 2010

More January Rain

This is Minnesota! It should not be raining in January.

I bundled up for a quick run in some windy sleet this morning, but after slipping three times in about 100 feet, I turned right around, changed into my gym gear, and hit up a treadmill instead. I couldn't even make it to the end of the parking lot without losing my footing, and I can't stand treadmills. I would rather lift weights than run on a treadmill (NOW THAT'S SERIOUS).

But, I did chug out a half hour without quitting -- and I am notorious for ending treadmill workouts early! For whatever reason I focus too much on the act of keeping my body in sync with a moving belt, I start feeling all these phantom pains, I keep thinking that I can't catch my breathe, etc. And none of it makes sense -- I usually run faster outside than I do on a treadmill. I think I just get so bored that I begin fixating on stupid things. And, I can't believe I'm going to admit this ...

I ran with the treadmill on 7.2 mph for 28 minutes. Then for a minute and a half, I bumped it up to 8.5 mph. For the final 30 seconds, I bumped it up to 9.0 mph.

After the treadmill auto-ended, I ran straight to the bathroom where I proceeded to dry heave.

I have puked at the end of races, but I've never thought I had to upchuck after running such a short distance at an average seed. This has to be a new low for me. Or maybe I just hate treadmills that much.

3.622mi splits: 8:26, 8:19, 8:20, 4:55

Ohhh, let's hope this rain doesn't turn straight into ice like the weather people are saying it will. I really need them to be wrong this time. I really need to run outside! (And I still kind of want to run on a frozen lake...)

No comments:

Post a Comment