Sunday, January 3, 2010

Taking It Easy...

This weekend has been the laziest weekend ever -- for as long as I can remember, anyway -- and not in a good way.

After running the 5k on Friday, I was exhausted and tired most of the day. I took a long, hot shower, ate brunch with my friend who ran the race, and tried relaxing the rest of the night, but I couldn't seem to get my energy back.

Saturday morning rolls around -- my phone shows me 11:00a.m., and I rolled over and covered my head, trying to get more sleep. I doze in and out until 3p.m., when I angrily decided I should get up. But, I don't think I showered until 6p.m., when a girlfriend informed me of some dinner plans later in the evening.

Yup, no working out on Saturday. Was just too lazy, because who wants to work out AFTER they've showered?

This morning, my clock shows me 10:30a.m. Like yesterday, I rolled back over until about 1p.m. I feel miserable. Not sick ... just not motivated. My head throbs from thinking too much. I knew I should run or do something to shake this funk.

At 1p.m. I get a call that my best friend is in the hospital. Turns out my phone number is the only one he had memorized (not even his girlfriend's number?!? Awkward...) I jolt out of bed to go bring him some deoderant (his only complaint was that he didn't get to shower the whole night he was there) and a word puzzle book (okay, so the book was for me). As soon as I get to the hospital to keep him company while he was awaiting some test results, he's filling out his discharge papers.

We go to a late lunch, I bring him to his girlfriend's house, and I immediately crawled back into bed. What is my problem? After moping around for a few minutes, I finally put on my workout clothes and shoes, telling myself that ANY exercise will be good. I don't even have to make it a hard workout, I just need to do something.

So I crawled an 11-mile bike ride on a stationary bike while working on my lasted read, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, and sprinted a mile on the treadmill. That's ALL I did this weekend.

Something isn't right.

Weekly totals: Ran 10.28 miles, biked 21.73 miles, and did 15 minutes of upper body strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment