Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whoops.

Today my fellow Polar-Dash-running-freak-of-a-friend e-mailed to say she can no longer make the drive to Minneapolis this weekend. She's flying to her top grad school of choice for an interview. I wished her luck because I hope she gets in. (Selfishly it'll give me an excuse to finally visit New York City and go for some runs in Central Park. And, of course, see her.)

And then I realized, she and I signed up for a Valentine's Day race together! I completely forgot about the 5k this weekend.

I'm not expecting to have the best 5k of my life since I haven't been training for speed, but it should be a fun race! It sounds like there will be great costumes, prizes, contests, drawings, raffles, a canned food drive, even representatives from that new Valentine's Day move that's coming out. (Free merchandise? Sure!)

I'm thinking I may run to the race, run the race at my new slower pace, and then run back to knock out my 9-mile run scheduled for this weekend -- but we'll see well I can plan the timing for that.

Stay tuned for the Valentine's Day TC5K race recap, and the post I mentioned a few days ago!

1 comment: